Teacher Internship Thailand Program (TITP)
The Teacher Internship Thailand Program (TITP) allows students who are completing final education course to work as a contracted teacher under an Internship Credential. The Internship credential is sanctioned by Today English Thailand registering from The Education Service Area Office in Chumphon under the Basic Education Commission of Thailand, Ministry of Education.
Interns teach in areas of
• Primary School
• Secondary School
• Vocational college
The TITP intern program partners with schools primarily in the South of Thailand (Most partnering schools are in Chumphon, Ranong, and Suratthani province in the upper south of Thailand, however placement can be countrywide).
• Develop and gain practical teaching skills.
• Develop knowledge of the teaching in Thailand.
• Interns can discover themselves and learn what it is like to be independent.
• Gain international experience all while discovering a unique country.
• Receive a great reference from a well-recognized organization.
• Make valuable for future contacts.
• Learn what it’s like to teach before getting first full time job.
• Learn from a school site cooperating Teacher who will also support during internship experience.
Applying to TITP
Include with Internship Program Application packet
1. A copy of unofficial transcripts from a university.
2. Provide support letter with signature across the seal from master teacher
• The Internship program consists of 1 month.
• TITP will submit name to participating school where openings may occur once approved for the program.
• Under the terms of the agreement between school and TITP, student must refrain from outside employment without permission.
• Interns will be assisted to find work as tutors with tutorial fees ranging from 150 Baht to 200 Baht per hour. They will complete 10 hours per week. This is to help the interns support themselves while on internship.
• Accommodation with breakfast for the duration of the internship
• Airport Pickup upon arrival
• Transport from accommodation at selected pick up points and times
• Orientation at Today English Language School
• Welcome pack including detailed maps, transport information and general information about living in Thailand
• Monitoring and support for the duration of internship (regular calls and visits throughout the duration of the placement)
• Visa assistance and advice
• TITP Certificate of Internship completion
• Reference letter from your internship school
Any application submitted and approved by Today English will require a minimum deposit in order to start the placement process. In the unlikely event that Today English cannot secure a placement for the Intern, the deposit will be refunded as per our terms and conditions.
Please contact us for updated information on fees.
Students coming to Thailand all need to obtain Non Immigrant ED Visa
Non-Immigrant Visa “ED” (Education)
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to study, attend seminar, training session, or internship in Thailand.
• Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
• Visa application form completely filled out
• Recent (4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant
• Recommendation letter addressed to the Consulate
• Letter of acceptance from the concerned academic institute/organization
• For those wishing to study in a Private institution, an official letter from the Ministry of Education of Thailand, or other sub-authorities concerned, approving the enrolment of foreign students and a copy of registration certificate of the concerned academic institute are required
• Academic record and the Student ID (if currently studying)
• For those wishing to attend seminar, or training session, or internship, a recommendation letter from the concerned organization addressed to the Consulate is also required
• Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary
Validity of Visa:
The validity of a visa is 3 months.
Period of Stay:
Holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days. He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand.
Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travelers are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.
Chumphon Province is the coastal area in the upper part of Southern Thailand. It is a gateway to the popular Gulf of Thailand islands of Ko Samui, Ko Phangan, Ko Tao, and also the gateway to other southern provinces. The province is best for those who seek relaxation in the natural and uniquely quiet atmosphere. Chumphon is perfectly located to visit to Koh Tao as it is the closest to this paradise island. Many tourists visit the island via piers in Chumphon (such as Lomphraya catamaran speed boat) Koh Tao is well known for Golden sandy beaches, secluded bays, and a scuba diving paradise, This island is one of Southern Thailand’s true tropical island escapes with > 1 million visitor a year.